Monday, April 4, 2011

Abundance and Gratitude

Happy Monday everyone!  It feels good to be starting a new week and letting go of anything negative from the past one.  This morning on facebook I saw a post from one of my fb friends which was such a happy post; so happy I almost gagged!  After I had that thought, I had to change it to 'what a great way to be'

This week I am going to tackle the fifth Life Skill Principle from the Rapid Eye model (created by Dr. Ranae Johnson) which is Abundance and Gratitude.  We have covered 1) Thought  2) Perception  3)Choice and Accountability and  4)Cause and Effect.   I love the principle of Abundance and Gratitude, (from the Life Skills Manual), "The Universe operates on the principle that you always receive in abundance what you believe in or want.  The law is in constant operation despite our level of understanding....To recognize abundance in your life, be willing to recognize that it is always available....Abundance is always focused into supporting your emotional state."  

I am working on removing blocks I have about lack of money (for myself).  My husband has a wonderful job and has always been a great supporter of our family which has allowed me, for the most part, to stay home with our children.  I have this "block" in my head which tells me that I have a "lack" of money to do some things I want to do such as enroll in some personal growth seminars or even go back to school(it's because I don't have a job that pays money right now).  I know as I continue to stay focused on my "lack" then what I will see is "lack".  (I am seeing a new affirmation to be added to my list!)

"Abundance is always focused into supporting your emotional state.  If you think negative thoughts, beliefs, or fears, the universe supplies you with experience in abundance to support them.  Begin to notice the abundance you have.  By noticing what you lack, you attract an abundance of scarcity."--Dr. Johnson   I do not know that because I am focusing on "there is enough money for everyone" that it will happen, but I can experiment with it.   I have known of this principle for several years now and have seen it work in my life for non-material things so why wouldn't it work in supplying me more money if my purpose in using it is for the betterment of myself which in turn will better my family and those around me?  (And here's the deal, I don't think the money will magically appear,  If I am believing that there is enough money for everyone then chances are that I will find a flexible job or make a flexible job for myself in order to earn the money.)

All of these Life Skills work together; they are all connected.  Our thoughts are the origins of our feelings,  which lead to our perceptions,  which lead to our choices (and we are held accountable for those),  which bring results into our lives (the law of attraction or Cause and Effect).  Last week I created my vision board and started watching the "mind movies" (the one on spirituality) and believe that as I continue to focus on what I want;  I will receive more of that, and as I see more of what I am focusing on I will have gratitude, and then see even more (and I believe everything I put on my vision board is in alignment with what Heavenly Father would want me to have as well). 

Blogging about Abundance and Gratitude is kind of like blogging about which came first:  the chicken or the egg?   My simple understanding of this principle (the first part of it) is that the more we are grateful for, the more we will see what we are grateful for, and the more we see in our lives, the more we will be grateful for!    So which comes first? 

"The moment you commit and quit holding back, all sorts of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance will rise up to help you.  The simple act of commitment is a powerful magnet for  help."----Napoleon Hill






1 comment:

  1. I just want to make a clarification about what I posted here. I don't think that "abundance" is all about seeing more material things; that was just the first thing that came to my mind that I have had challenges with. I have so much to be grateful for that is not temporal.

    ReplyDelete