Monday, April 1, 2013

A Quick Note and a Reflection

I have a quick thought to post today; I don't have a schedule with being out of town, but I have a minute so I"d like to make a note:

I was riding in the car with  my son and his family today, running errands and having lunch.  As I looked down at my hand laying on the arm rest I noticed that it looked just like my Mom's hand!  I know there are quotes and comical observations about becoming our Mothers and seeing our Mothers in the mirror as well as our Mom's voices coming out of our mouths (I have had that happen while raising my children), but for some reason seeing my Mother's hand today made me think.

When we are younger we do not value our Moms as much (well, maybe that's a teenage thing); however, as I get older I have observed my Mom and the things she's gone through in her life as she was a child and the sacrifices she has made for me and my family all of these years. 

I will get to visit my Mom and Dad next this week and am looking forward to it!  When I was younger and had seen my Mom's hand while looking at mine I may not have loved the idea, but now as I see her hand in mine I am honored.  I can only hope that my daughter feels the same about me as she gets older. 

No comments:

Post a Comment