Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ramblings



So, I have not blogged for over a week and I missed my weekly Happiness Friday posting, but in all fairness to me, I was traveling on Friday from Texas back to Washington State and it was a full day of airport layovers and long flights.  I did; however, miss it.  I have been thinking about posting my Happiness Friday a few days late but have not felt very inspired.  Maybe it's the time change?  Or  maybe it's missing my family?  Or maybe it's a lack of organized thoughts?  Who knows, but I just feel like writing something right now so please bear with me.  I really have no idea what will be coming out of my head in the next few minutes!
                                                      Today while out with a friend and running errands I opened up my e-mail on my phone and saw another Truthbomb from Danielle Laporte.  The question was, "What do you really want to happen, really?"  That's a loaded question since there is more than one thing I would love to see happen.

I have blogged in the past about what I want and I still want those things.  Lately I have been trying to figure out how to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life; I am not getting any younger!  This morning the thought occurred to me that maybe I am thinking too much of what I want rather what I could be doing for others?   I know there are opportunities I could be taking daily to do something for someone else other than myself.

I have one more thing I would like to ramble a little about.  I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago wiping my cabinet door (I saw a little dirty streak) when I caught sight of the bottom of the cabinet door that I stupidly sat a candle under a few years ago around Christmas time.  It's bubbled a little and I remember how panicked I was when one of my "adopted" sons yelled out from the kitchen, "Mama B" your candle is burning your cabinet door!  I have not seen that man in a while now and do not know when I will see him again; I let myself feel sad for a minute.

I now have to get up and change sheets on a bed for my son and his family who will be here in about an hour and a half!  I miss those twin baby girls as well as seeing my son and daughter-in-law.

What can I say?  It has been a kind of rambling day for me, but as I was out and about in my small town I enjoyed the beauty of Springtime which is obvious with all of the blossoming trees and flowers.

How has your day been?  

No comments:

Post a Comment