Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Z is for Zzzzz's

The final and 26th letter of the alphabet is Z!  How many words begin with Z that I commonly use in a sentence?  The Z word that applies in my life is Zzzzz - as in sleep.  I don't know if I can ever catch up on the amount of sleep that I've lost in my lifetime. 

I've been a night owl for most of my life; even as a child I fought my sleep.  I think I was always afraid I'd miss out on something if I went to sleep. 

As I'm getting a little older (in my mind it is only a little), I find that it feels so good to get more sleep and some nights I actually crave sleep.  I just wonder when I'll actually make myself go to bed at a reasonable hour; that generally happens only when I am exchausted.   Take tonight for example:  I was sleepy a few hours ago and felt like I needed to go to bed, but instead took care of a few last minute things that I needed to do and made the mistake of writing a quick e-mail and saw that someone had commented on my blog.  It doesn't take much to get me sidetracked away from sleep. 

Now that I've finished the A to Z Challenge (and three posts all in an hour!) I think I can go to sleep.   (If I can stop myself from checking comments on facebook!)

No comments:

Post a Comment