Saturday, February 26, 2011

Impossible?

   "There is no use trying," said Alice; "one can't believe impossible things."  "I dare say you haven't had much practice," said the Queen.  "When I was your age, I always did it for half an hour a day.  Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." -----Lewis Carroll
    
  I have this quote framed in my kitchen; found it a a yard sale (one of my favorite things to do!) and fell in love with it and its meaning.  How many times do we "think" out of our comfort zone, "out" of what we believe to be "possible"? 
    
  I don't do it as often as I think I'd like to;  I believe it's just a habit I can create in my life and haven't been consistent with it yet.   I have; however, seen the effects of doing it occasionally and if it can happen with me doing it only occasionally then what are the possibilities in my life if I do it on a regular basis?   I believe that this past week of focusing on my thoughts (along with praying and scripture study because I cannot leave God out of it)  and seeing things and people in a different light, has helped me already, and it's not quite been a week since I started this yet!  I am starting to see the "possibility" rather than the "impossibility". 
      
Just this morning, after I had told my husband that I would clean the kitchen (and then got busy on the computer!*S*), he was in the kitchen cleaning it.  My usual reaction would be anger because he was cleaning it ; however, when I told him that I was going to do it his response was, "it's okay, I haven't done it much lately"!  Wow, his response wasn't what I noticed as much as my feeling to his response.  I wasn't offended at all; I saw my focus paying off! 
      
So, really our day begins when we open our eyes; we all have the choice of how we want our day to go.  We cannot control what others do in our day, but we can control how we feel about it and respond or not respond to it, and that will make all the difference!  
     
  What" impossible" thing am I wanting to see today?  Maybe it's time for another vision board!

No comments:

Post a Comment