Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Embarking on My List

Yesterday after choosing to follow the daily challenge of taking care of my mind, body, spirit, relationships, creativity and passion I felt a sense of joy, of peace and a little excitement!  I don't know if everyone is the same, but I feel so much better when I have a purpose.  I need a daily purpose; not just a goal that is way out there in the future.

I had a wonderful day and feel that I checked off most of the list.  The one item that might have been lacking was my mind (not literally of course; although there have been times when I wondered where my mind was!).  When I think of "mind" I think of reading and learning.  I did actually pick up a book that my sister had given me for Christmas by David A. Bednar and read a page or two, but by then the day was pretty much over and my mind was tired.

As I look at this list I notice that a few of these categories are intertwined like a beautifully crocheted scarf.  It's difficult to see each one separately from the others.  I hadn't thought of it before, but I noticed that when I'm creative I do feel passion, when I'm learning anything whether it's spiritual or temporal my mind is involved, and when I workout and eat well it affects my spirit.  Everything seems to be connected.

If there was one thing that stood out in my mind that I felt really good about yesterday, it was connecting with a few loved ones.  I had phone calls from my daughter and a dear friend who both live out of state, a phone conversation with my sister in Texas, I was able to spend some time yesterday with a dear friend just hanging out downtown, and enjoyed spending time with my husband at the end of the day. 

It almost feels magical when I set my intention on something; things seem to fall in place for me every time.  I certainly cannot discount any of the experiences I had yesterday as mere coincidence, and as I see my path unfolding before me with what I choose to experience, it creates a feeling of excitement.   I love that feeling and experience!

Today I am working out of town (a few hours of driving time) with a friend; it'll be a little different experience to incorporate all of my list throughout my day since I'll be away from home, but I'm going to give it a good try and I'm thinking that I'm going to have a great experience as I am open to it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment