Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Little Aha Moment


 This morning as I was reading from the Book of Mormon (for those of you who aren't of my faith, please keep reading, the principle is universal)  I came across a few scriptures that renewed my hope and faith; another aha moment, one that was a great reminder of things I already knew but must have forgotten for a time. 

In my prayer before I read, I again pled with Heavenly Father for Lyla and Mae to grow strong and healthy; I especially pled for Mae's improvement since she's had a few little hiccups in her development and isn't quite as strong as Lyla at this moment.  I actually, today, forced the words out of my mouth, "thy will be done", words that I haven't been able up to this point, to say out loud.  I think I was a little afraid to give over the control (like I ever had any control).  Then I wondered, where was my faith?

As I was reading in the Book of Jarom, vs. 11, "...persuading them to look forward unto the Messiah, and believe in him to come as though he already was."! (I added the exclamation point).  That's faith!  That's what I have been lacking just a little bit of.; seeing things as if they already were or had already happened!   It reminded me of the Law of Attraction as well as my Vision Boards which are both forms of faith; it's seeing good things come, and then the final straw, I believe of faith, is letting go of my control(or my feeling of control since I really don't have any control)  Then the thought came into my mind, "see Lyla and Mae as whole and healed"; their spirits already are; it's just their little bodies that are having to catch up.  "See them as whole and healed and have faith that Heavenly Father can make that happen." 

Then I was reminded of an article I read in an online publication, Meridian Magazine. It was written by a mother who had a teenage son who was making poor choices; she was using the faith principle with him.  She always spoke the positive about him, remembering that her "real" son wasn't the one making poor choices; her son was a child of God and she saw him the way he really was inside and had faith (along with prayer) that it would all be okay somehow.

Josh Groban sings a song called, Thankful.  I remember a time when I was desperate for some changes to happen, and I heard this song.  I don't remember the date but I remember what day of the week it was, where I was and how I felt when I heard the words; they sunk deep into my soul and gave me great hope.    It was the chorus that resonated with me at that moment,  "So for tonight we pray for what we know can be, And on this day we hope for what we still can't see.  It's up to us to be the change and even though we all could still do more, There's so much to be thankful for."  Praying for what we know can be and hoping for what we still can't see is faith, and just being grateful for what we do have is a bonus for us.   It opened me up to seeing before it came to pass.  And the thing I was desperate for did come to pass.  It just took a lot longer than I would have wanted, but it still happened; maybe not according to my time table, but why would I think that my perspective on time is the Heavenly view?

And finally this morning,  I received much comfort in the Words of Mormon, vs. 7 "...And now I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come..."

 *By the way, the report from my son on their blog, revealed that both Lyla and Mae are doing well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment