Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's Okay to "Go for It"

I need to post this quick thought before I need to go to sleep or my mind will certainly not turn off!

Tonight while watching The Carrie Diaries (I know, it's more of a teenage show, but it's entertaining and something light that I enjoy watching) I resonated with something I heard.  At the end of the show, Carrie's Dad told her to "go for your dreams". 

That phrase really hit me.  What if someone close to me said that to me?  What if my husband said to me, "Sharon, go for your dreams"?  Words are powerful. 

Why would those words not have the same effect if I said them to myself while looking in the mirror?  Maybe hearing those words coming from someone else gives me validation and permission? 

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking that I shouldn't need validation and approval from anyone; giving myself permission should be enough, right? 

I saw a quote last week that went something like, "When you speak your dreams to those around you, you'll get support from them".  That's probably true.  When we say our intentions out loud and our friends and those close to us know what we're thinking they'll most likely be supportive. 

I think I need to tell you and me that it's okay to go for our dreams. My dream life (outside of my family) would be to help people using some kind of energy healing modality like EFT (tapping) or biofeedback as well as to pursue a photography business.  (There, I've put it out into the universe for support)

 If there are obstacles stopping us, can't we find a way to remove those?  So, if you're kind of floundering in knowing that you should go for something whether it's a great job or a different career or even to start a business or learn a new skill, I say to you (and me), "Go for it"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment