Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Note to Self: Quit It

This A to Z Challenge seems to be getting a little more difficult as it moves along; not because I have to post something daily but because it has to be specific to the corresponding letter of the day.  Today's day and corresponding letter is Q.  Oh my, how many words in my brain begin with Q?  Let's see, quiet, quiver, questioning, quizzical,  qat and qi (which I've learned playing words with friends), QVC (a place I love to window shop without actually walking!), and I just found myself telling myself to Quit it! 

I was looking through my quotes on Pinterest and saw this quote:
Okay, I probably wouldn't have used the second word, but it pretty
much explains my "quit it" phrase to myself.

Yesterday I posted about perfectness and lessons I've learned from looking
for it or trying to achieve it.  The problem with so  many of us is that we get
this picture in our heads of how we think things or people should be which
causes us more problems than we want.

I find negative or unrealistic or comparison self-talk to be so destructive to us and even to those around us.  I've tried (and will keep trying) to make my life better, myself a better person and to find my purpose in life using positive outlooks. 

A while back I posted something on balance and achieving balance in my life.  In my head, I was thinking that my life was out of whack if I wasn't balancing it each day.  This morning I saw a blog post from Positively Positive about this very subject and I had one of those aha moments!   The title of the blog posting was,  "The Myth of Life: Balance"; the title was so intriguing to me since I've been thinking about balance.  The author, Danielle LaPorte states, "it’s not the imbalances of life that will get you down—it’s doing meaningless things that aren’t taking you where you want to go."  (which totally goes along with my "Out of Time" blog post the other day; I love when things come together for me.)  I guess it's time for me to find my meaningless activities and replace them with activities that go along with my passion. (or at least move them to a different time of day or evening as to not interfere with what I really love.)

Anyway, back to my "quit it" (I'm kind of rambling today; sorry).  After reading her blog and watching her short motivational video I need to quit telling myself that I need to be a certain way and instead replace the shoulds with things that I love, and push through fears that I have about going with my passion.   What things in your life do you need to quit and replace with something more positive?  What is your passion?

 

2 comments:

  1. What are those "fears" that come when going with your passion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! I think, because a passion that I also feel is my purpose, I'm wanting to do something to help others and I'm having to make a choice whether to go for it and get certified as a biofeedback technician and purchase the machine (which is a huge purchase for me) OR choose a different healing modality to pursue. It's more about making the choice and the responsibility that comes along with it. It's really committing to something and sticking with it. I think that's my fear in this instance. (and then there's always that little fear of failure) :)

      Delete