Wednesday, April 11, 2012

J is for My Job

I love my flexible very part-time job working for Hallmark doing card department resets and card revisions.  I worked as a retail merchandiser for Hallmark for 5 years (the longest I'd ever worked anywhere!).  I have a great boss (who is also a good friend of mine) and work with some fun women (who are also friends).

For the past two days I've been working out of town doing a major revision on a card department in a Walgreen's store.  It's hard work taking down fixtures, rebuilding new ones and installing them.  I'm glad this time we had someone to do a lot of the difficult work, but there is still a lot of work in taking down all of the cards and then putting them all back in their right pockets as well as setting up the seasonal cards.  Some of it is a challenge and I'm fortunate to be able to use a little creativity along the way. 

When you put together that I get to work with friends, have flexibility since I have family living far away that I do like to visit and won't get in trouble or get fired for missing some jobs if I"m gone, get to use some creativity and have fun in the process, I'd say that I have a pretty great job! 

Tomorrow I get to do the same job all over again in a different Walgreen's store; should be a tiring but good day.

Just a few pictures from the past few days:

The middle section is just getting rebuilt

Me with my boss and co-worker; it had been a LONG day!

More co-workers and my boss; don't the cards look beautiful behind us? 

No comments:

Post a Comment