Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A More Practical Approach

Yesterday afternoon I was reading some more from the book, Spiritual Roots of Human Relations by Stephen R. Covey (I think the new title is How To Succeed With People).  I came upon a chapter titled, The Daily Private Victory which reminded me of what I had blogged about yesterday!  I was so excited to see a different explanation for creating our day by using positive affirmations (and in my case energy circles along with them) or mind movies or vision boards.... ( I know that there are people who would "phooey" what I wrote yesterday and I thought this chapter was perfect for a more practical mind.)  I also look for the "practical" explanations.   

Mr. Covey writes about the opportunities we have of winning our private battles (including unrighteous aspirations, selfishness, perverse inclinations, touchiness, impatience, anger, impurities, procrastinating tendencies, sheer irresponsibility, lack of discipline) in our minds and in our hearts before we ever come to the public battles.  The public battles could include public trials, temptations, pressures and stresses, the storms that descend upon our lives....   "When we do this, staying in the presence of God our Father, we will have the strength from the light and life of the world-the Savior- to resist and to overcome.  Our spiritual roots will have grown out of Him naturally."

Winning such a private battle before going into the public battle is a form of spiritual creation or a preparation before situations arise.  By using prayer and positive affirmations we are creating our day (and life) spiritually to then manifest them physically!  The scriptures tell us that the Lord created the world spiritually before it was created temporally or physically.  "And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew; for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground."----Genesis 2:5  (just as He created us spiritually first).

"In a sense we all do this in many activities in our lives.  For instance, in building a house, before we turn a shovel of earth we plan almost to the last detail the entire house in our  mind and this is reduced to a blueprint.  Why should we not also create each day or each week or each year in our minds before we live them?"----Stephen R. Covey  I am not saying that as we "create" our day with positive affirmations that all we will have show up for us is sunshine and roses, but we will have a new perception and I believe be more prepared to deal with new life experiences.

Stephen Covey goes on: "Someone inquired of a Hindu who had great serenity and peace about him, no matter what pressures were put upon him,  'How do you maintain that serenity and peace?'  His answer:  'I never leave my place of meditation.' Every morning he mediated for thirty minutes.  Then in his mind and heart he never left it---he maintained the spirit of that place all during his public life and pressures.....I suggest that every day of our lives you and I can go to our place of prayerful study and meditation where we can 'live out' the events that will transpire that day..." 

  I have found at times, almost instantly, the physical manifesting after I have focused with positive affirmations in preparation for my day or in writing Thought"full"ness.   I have, almost instantly after posting my blog, seen quotes from Positively Positive (a site on facebook) as well as the Mind Movies site about the very subjects I have written about.  It is very exciting for me to see results quickly; I know it doesn't always happen this way, but I love it when I see little glimpses of hope.

I am also noticing that as I have intentions of starting my day in a new and positive way that I am needing more time in the morning and need to get up a little earlier!  This is a great new challenge for me, and at times find myself running behind (new affirmation for my day "I am plenty of time in preparing for my day" which will give me more focus on giving myself more time in the mornings).  

So, I hope this new post today offers a little more help and explanation of using positive affirmations in creating our day (and week and life).  How are you creating your day?  I'd love to hear new methods; can you tell that I am rather open to new thoughts? 

                               "To put away aimlessness and weakness and to begin
                             to think with purpose is to enter the ranks of those strong
                             ones who only recognize failure as one of the pathways to
                        attainment.  Who make all conditions serve them and who think
                            strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully."
                                                                                                -----James Allen 


No comments:

Post a Comment