Monday, March 7, 2011

Practice Makes Perfect

              Be Impeccable With Your Word       Don't Take Anything Personally
                   Don't Assume Anything                       Always Do Your Best

"When you honor these four agreements together......If you are impeccable with your word, if you don't take anything personally, if you don't make assumptions, if you always do your best then you are going to have a beautiful life.  You are going to control your life one hundred percent." --The Four Agreements

This is the end of the road as far as my posting about  The Four Agreements, but it's only the beginning, at least for me, as to what I do with these agreements.  I certainly don't "worship" this author or this book, but I believe these 4 principles, if lived to the best of my ability, will lead me to a better place in my life.  If you think about it, these are basically the teachings of Jesus Christ and I believe I can find truth in many places.

This is a new week and I am looking forward to better things as I keep my thoughts "in check".  I am finding that when I start to feel badly that I make a conscious effort to look for the "thought" that may be the cause behind that feeling.  I am certainly not close to living any of these agreements perfectly and I am not sure I'll ever be "perfect" at any of them but I can keep on trying.  

"So if you fall, do not judge. Do not allow yourself to turn into a victim.  No, be tough with yourself.  Stand up and make the agreement again, 'Okay, I broke my agreement to be impeccable with my word.  I will start all over again.  I am going to keep the Four Agreements just for today.  Today I will be impeccable with my word.  I will not take anything personally, I will not make any assumptions, and I am going to do my best.  If you break an agreement, begin again tomorrow and again the next day.  It will be difficult at first, but each day will become easier, until someday you will discover that you are ruling your life with these Four Agreements.  And, you will be surprised at the way your life has been transformed."                                                                                                                          ---- don Miguel Ruiz

So, for today, amidst putting all of the Christmas boxes that are filling Rob's room back up in the attic (you think I've waited long enough?*S*), I will remember the Four Agreements, but especially the last one which is "Always Do Your Best".

"Remember that what is hard to endure will be sweet to recall."----Tote Yamada

No comments:

Post a Comment