Monday, March 28, 2011

Something to Think About

Today I want to focus on the fourth Life Skill used in the R.E.T.(Rapid Eye Technology) model which is Cause and Effect.  We live this law whether we know it or not; it's the Law of the Harvest, Karma, What goes around comes around, Whatever a man soweth so shall he reap, the Law of Attraction.  It has become more popularly believed with the popularity of the movie, The Secret (I know there's a book but I took the shortcut and watched the movie).    Simply put, is whatever we put our attention on in belief, thought, and feeling, will come into our life multiplied.

In short, we create our world, or rather co-create with God (I cannot leave God out).  Although, when we believe that we are responsible for the good results in our world then we must also be responsible for the "not so good: results in our world.  Several years ago we bought a new/used Pacifica and I remembered thinking that I just knew I was going to get into a car accident(that fear was on my mind quite a bit).  One evening on the way home from a committee meeting at Church I had a car accident!  There were several situations in play: it was dark ( the mini van that hit me was navy blue so I didn't see it coming), I was tired from working about 18 hours, I had my mind on other things; the truth was that I was responsible ( I literally was since I was the one who pulled out in front of the mini van) and I had drawn that situation to me with so much focus on that fear.  (everyone was fine; it was just an unpleasant experience that I am not going to create again!)  However, with the knowledge that I drew that situation to me, I was then free to create the opposite! 

From the book, Remembering Wholeness authored by Carol Tuttle: "Before the Law of Gravity was identified, nobody knew it existed, and yet everyone was still affected by it.  Such is the case with the Law of Attraction; most people are unaware of the mechanics of how it works and yet everyone is still affected by it.  You don't need to know the mechanics of how the Law of Gravity works to keep yourself from floating off into space.  You also do not need to know how the mechanics of how the Law of Attraction works for it to function in your life.  You will want to know so you can create a life of more well-being and harmony.  You can actually be in deliberate control of your life experience, knowing what you want and manifesting it in abundance in your life.  Or, you can continue to believe that life is a series of random events that you must learn to overcome, put up with, ignore, protect yourself from, or on occasion, enjoy a reprieve and experience some joy and happiness." 

Our life will mirror back to us what we "give out"; all we need to do is look to see who and what we have going on in our lives to become aware of what we are creating.  If we think alot about what we don't want, we'll get alot of that; if we have a need to worry and complain we'll attract alot of people and experiences to worry and complain about; if we have alot of fear we'll attract life events to support our fear.   If we see hard, burdening work, then that is what will come back to us multiplied and the opposite will come back to us if we change our thoughts and feelings to "work is fun".  

"The Soul attracts that which it secretly harbours; that which it loves, and also that which it fears; it reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchastened desires, ---and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own." ---As A Man Thinketh written by James Allen.

I expressed the depression (I don't want to use the word "my" as in depression since I do not want to make it mine anymore) that I suffered with (and my family suffered right along I'm sure) for so many years.  I had the belief that it was something that maybe was my "trial" in life to deal with until I read the book, Remembering Wholeness, which opened my mind to new thoughts which led me to believing that maybe I could be "done" with the depression and move on to a different life lesson!  That was so eye-opening for me! (of course I did have a wonderful Spiritual experience that I asked for and felt the burden of the depression taken away)  This does not mean that I never have to deal with the "need" to go back into my closet, but the idea that I could co-create (with God) a life of joy freed me from believing I "had" to suffer.  Our minds are so much more powerful than we actually sometimes give them credit for. (disclaimor: I am not urging anyone with depression to go off of their medication;  my experience does not need to be anyone else's unless they feel it is right for them)  The point of me talking about this is that I wished I had known that I had more control over my circumstances; however, the good that has come from those circumstances (now) is that now I understand what it does feel like along with everything else learned from that long, life experience.

A while back, I wrote about my vision board which focuses on living the Gospel daily (I think it's too high on my shelf; it needs to be eye-level so I can see the whole thing).  I think it's time for a new vision board (and since I have "put it out there" I'll be putting one together this week!) to help keep me focused on what I want to "create" in my life.   About a week ago I got an e-mail (I'm subscribe to lots of different sites) about "Mind Movies" which is a slide show with music that "funnels" my focus for 3 minutes on positive messages and photographs (I chose the one on Spirituality but there were several different choices).   If you're interested in checking these out you can go to www.mindmovies.com.

"But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully." ---2 Cor. 9:6

And a quote by Elder Levi Young, First Council of Seventy, "for as we give to God in thought and deed, the gift comes back to us ten-fold, yea, one hundred fold.  So it is in all life."
                                                                          (Conference Report, Oct. 1931, p.59)

No comments:

Post a Comment