Monday, October 10, 2011

Don't Give Up

This morning as I was cooling down from my workout routine (well, it used to be my routine until I was out of town for at least a month and a half and hadn't done it; so I am starting over again and it is my routine again) I was listening to my Josh Groban playlist.  The song that I love to end my stretching with is  "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up): 
      
    "Don't Give up, it's just the weight of the world; when your heart's heavy I will lift it for you.
     Don't give up because you want to be heard; if silence keeps you, I will break it for you.
     Everybody wants to be understood.  Well, I can hear you.  Everybody wants to be loved; don't give up, because you are loved!  
    Don't give up; it's just the hurt that you hide, when your lost inside I'll be there to find you.    Don't give up, because you want to burn bright; if darkness blinds you, I will shine to guide you.     Everybody wants to be understood well I can hear you. everybody wants to be loved don't give up,       BECAUSE you are loved. "

   Of course, Josh Groban's voice is wonderful and the music is amazing; it really strikes a chord with me each time I hear it.  I "liken" the words to my life and imagine that my Father in Heaven is saying these words to me, and that "lifts" my spirit.

   It's been almost 6 months since I have "blogged" so I've almost forgotten how and I am starting over.  This time around I have no "plan" or "agenda" in mind for  "Thoughtfullness".  I think I am going to take it one day at a time until, and unless, I am guided to a certain path or subject.  I would still love for it to be "a discussion a day" and to have input and experiences shared; that was my goal in the beginning and it would still be a happy outcome.  If nothing else, this "blogging" thing will help me to stay accountable.

  This morning I re-shared a comment by a friend of mine from facebook, "If you put off everything til you're sure of it, you'll never get anything done."---Norman Vincent Peale' 

  I thought to myself, "am I sure about what to blog about"?  The answer was "no" (I have many ideas and many thoughts and sometimes it's difficult to "pick" which one to share), but I am not giving up on it and doing it anyway! 

   What things are you not "sure" of that you'd like to do anyway? 

            

No comments:

Post a Comment